Harvest Portfolios Group
Investment Manager of:
- Brand Leaders Income Fund
- Energy Leaders Income Fund
- Brand Leaders Plus Income ETF
- Energy Leaders Plus Income ETF
- Global REIT Leaders Income ETF
- Healthcare Leaders Income ETF
- Tech Achievers Growth & Income ETF
- US Equity Plus Income Leaders ETF (formerly US Buyback Leaders ETF)
- Harvest Banks & Buildings Income Fund
- Harvest Canadian Income & Growth Fund
- Global Telecom & Utilities Income Fund
Paul MacDonald, CFA
Paul serves as the Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager for Harvest. Paul joined Harvest in January 2013 as Vice President of Investments and previously had over 13 years experience in the investment business. Paul was Vice President and Portfolio Manager at Creststreet Asset Management where he was responsible for the management of portfolios with a focus on the Canadian and resource markets and was involved in developing several closed end and tax efficient fund structures. Paul also spent five years at a Canadian investment management firm where he focused on specialty tax investments and was the lead manager of an award winning Canadian natural resource fund. Paul spent three years as an investment associate with a major North American investment firm. Paul obtained a Bachelor of International Finance degree from Griffith University in Australia and holds a CFA charter.
James Learmonth, CFA
James joined Harvest in June of 2015 bringing over 13 years of experience in the asset management industry to the firm. Prior to joining Harvest James spent the majority of his career as a member of the U.S. Equity team at a major Canadian asset management firm where he developed a disciplined approach to identifying attractive investment opportunities. He served as a Portfolio Manager for over 6 years, specializing in U.S. equities with investment responsibilities related to a variety of diversified and sector-focused mandates. His main areas of focus included the Utilities, Information Technology and Health Care sectors as well as broadly diversified Socially Responsible Investing themes. James also held progressive investment analyst roles during his tenure, with an emphasis on evaluating opportunities in the U.S. Information Technology sector. James graduated with honours from Brock University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in the Finance concentration and is a CFA Charterholder.
Mike Dragosits, CFA
Mike joined Harvest in March of 2017 bringing over eight years of broad investment industry experience to the firm. Immediately prior to joining Harvest, he was a Senior Commodity Strategist and part of the Global Macro Strategy team at a major Canadian investment bank, where he conducted in-depth fundamental and technical research and prepared detailed investment recommendations for internal and external clients globally. Mike previously served as an Analyst and Trader on the Fixed Income team at a leading Canadian asset management firm and as an Investment Analyst at a Canadian multi-strategy hedge fund. He completed his Master of Business Administration (major in Finance & Funds Management) at the University of Toronto Rotman School of Management and also obtained his Bachelor of Commerce with honours from the University of Guelph. Mike is also a CFA Charterholder.
Harvest Portfolios Group Inc. was founded in 2009 with the vision of providing Canadian Investors with access to investment products that generate steady long term income.
Three Principles: Harvest endeavours to provide investors with products that embrace three investment principles.
1. Keep it Simple − A complex product does not necessarily mean it is a better product. We want investors to understand exactly what they are investing in and are comfortable that it meets with their investment objectives.
2. Transparent − A portfolio should reflect what investors thought they were buying. Investors can check their statements and our website and “know what you own”.
3. Consistent Income − After building assets over time, investors want to harvest those assets while maintaining or growing their capital. This is what we are about; generating steady attractive income in this low interest rate environment.