Rapid advances in technology from robotics and artificial intelligence to the Internet of Things connecting mobile devices are transforming traditional health care delivery.
This evolution will be as dramatic as the one that began in the 1980s and saw patients moved out of hospitals and into their homes for the management of chronic diseases. That shift also saw the growth of out-patient clinics for
The next shift has started and will be as significant:
- Virtual visits by doctors and nurses will become more common and may replace some in-person visits;
- The patient experience will improve as access to services becomes more coordinated;
- Technology with produce cost savings;
- Doctor-patient communication will improve to help coordinate care more efficiently.
The catalyst is the
UnitedHealth Group Inc., (NYSE: UNH) a
UnitedHealth had a market capitalization of US $237 billion as of Dec. 31, 2018. For the 12 months to Sept. 30, 2018 revenues were
United Healthcare offers an assortment of online and mobile tools giving employees access
Other initiatives include:
- Virtual doctor which lets employees consult with their doctor by phone, tablet or computer;
- An app to access health plan details from a mobile device;
- The Rally app which tracks personal health and earns rewards;
- 24-hour nurse which allows access to a nurse any time;
- A mobile pregnancy monitoring app;
- The activity app that lets trackers earn almost $1,500 per year in credits.
UnitedHealth is a top holding of the Harvest Healthcare Leaders Income ETF (TSX: HHL, TSX: HHL.U). As of Dec. 31,
For more on Harvest Portfolio Group ETFs click here.
You might like:
Banks and buildings make a good investment mix
The views and/or opinions expressed in the blog are of a general nature and are for informational purposes only. Blog contents should not be considered as advice and/or a recommendation to purchase or sell the mentioned securities or used to engage personal investment strategies. Investors should consult their investment advisor before making any investment decision.