Privacy Protection Statement
Harvest Portfolios Group Inc. (referred to in this statement as “Harvest”, “we”, “us” or “our”) remains committed to protecting the privacy of personal information collected and maintained in the course of carrying on our business duties. This statement describes how we collect, hold, use and, when necessary, disclose your personal information. It also summarizes your right to have access to correct the information as necessary.
Harvest recognizes and is committed to ensuring that all personal information gathered is kept confidential and we do not sell any personal information. The information provided in our Policy Statement is intended to provide our clients with the knowledge that all staff realize that the personal information gathered should be treated with the utmost importance. If you have any questions about our privacy statement or your personal information, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect personal information:
Harvest collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone, visiting our website at www.harvestportfolios.com or in documents forwarded to Harvest through your Dealer of Record.
- Your voluntary disclosure of personal information directly to Harvest Portfolios Group or through your Dealer of Record.
- By contacting the Dealer of Record you have authorized to conduct business on your behalf.
- The above applies to all methods of collecting personal information (including hard copy, electronic and verbal means).
Client Record and Personal Information:
The personal information collected for the purposes identified in this statement is gathered in a “Client Record”. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, account holdings and identification information. Depending on the type of business duties required, additional information may be held in your client record. This information was provided to Harvest at the time the account was opened or when identified as a necessity during the business process.
Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information in your Client Record:
With your consent, Harvest Portfolios, may at times, collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in the course of business activities to third parties, subject to the conditions set out in paragraph 5 – Third Party and Service Providers, for the following purposes:
- Identification purposes;
- Ensuring the accuracy and verification of information contained in your Client Record;
- Administration and establishment of your account; determining, maintaining, recording and storing account holdings and transaction information in your Client Record;
- Providing you and/or your Dealer of Record with investment account statements, tax receipts, financial statements for your investments, and other information that you or your Dealer of Record request to service your account;
- Processing pre-authorized debit transaction and collecting a debt owed to Harvest;
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements, such as the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act;
- Under no circumstances do we sell or give lists of our clients to other companies for their own use and if we obtain client lists from other organizations, we require the organizations to confirm their compliance with all relevant privacy legislation.
Location of your Client Record:
Your client record, in electronic or paper format, is stored by a third party service provider and they are required to protect the information in a manner consistent with our privacy practices, including the safe transfer for disaster recovery purposes.
Third Party & Service Providers:
All of our employees and authorized service providers are required to protect the confidentiality of personal information. Access to personal information is restricted to those employees and service providers who require it to do their job. All staff and service personal are instructed to use standards of care in handling confidential information and will not disclose to any third party without written authorization.
- Harvest Portfolios Group may collect your personal information from third parties such as your financial advisor/dealer, other companies related to Harvest, other financial institutions, and from third parties who represent that they have the right to disclose the information.
- Harvest Portfolios Group may disclose your personal information to third parties where permitted or required by law, such as disclosure to Canadian, Provincial or Municipal governments and government agencies for tax statement preparation.
- Harvest may disclose your personal information to such parties as your custodian and use service providers to be held accountable for various services such as printing, mail distribution, information technology, data storage and administration. Where information is provided to our service providers, we will require them by contractual means to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy statement and practices.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other advisors or dealers other than your advisor and Dealer of Record.
Use of the internet:
When you visit our website, and move from page to page, the following technical and navigational information may be recorded:
- Computer Browser type and Internet protocol address,
- Average time spent on our website and the pages visited and what content was downloaded from our site.
- The address of the website that you visited immediately before coming to our website.
This information may be used, for example, to determine which information is most useful, address specific concerns and analysed to improve web design and functionality.
Linking to our Site:
Without the express written permission of Harvest Portfolios, links to this site are strictly prohibited. To request permission, please contact Harvest at email@example.com.
Right to Access Personal Information:
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of personal information and ensuring that it is complete and up-to-date. If you discover inaccuracies in our data, or your personal information changes, please notify us, through a written request immediately, in order to ensure that the necessary changes are made. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving it. When required, we will make our best efforts to advise others of any important amendments to your personal information that we may have released to them. To access or correct your personal information, please contact us by using the information provided below.
Resolving Your Questions and Concerns:
If you have any questions about the management of your personal information, you can contact us directly at:
Harvest Portfolios Group
610 Chartwell Rd, Suite 204
If after contacting Harvest Portfolios Group your questions have not been resolved, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca.